Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another laugh from Olivia

So it's not that the boys don't do silly things but Olivia says the funniest things and makes the funniest connections with language and actions. The boys are just crazy like jumping off things and throwing each other down....not much in the way of funny just painful to watch. So don't think I am a mom who favors one child over the other (Only on certain days!!) but the funniest stories come from Olivia. So for those of you who remember the boys when the were infants you will remember that they LOVED to nurse as did Olivia. She was the longest and hardest to convince she was done. So recently she has developed a fascination with my boobies. She always (even in public) is trying to reach in my shirt and lift it up. Giggling the whole time and saying "nurse" to which I reply "Only babies nurse". I guess I should have seen what happened next coming but I was blindsided. So since she's been potty training she has been wearing big girl panties and the diapers are "only for babies". Well yesterday, again because it's happened a few times before, she came to me naked with her dolls size 1 diaper trying to put it on saying "diapers are for babies, only babies nurse, I a baby". She was adamant that the diaper instantly made her a baby therefore she would be granted access to her treasure. I just laughed and knew that I couldn't win the arguement so I had to run away from her. She chased me for a bit then was distracted by her clothes she had shucked and proceeded to become a big girl again. What can I say...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, "She's sooooooo cute!" Of course, I'm one of her grandmas, so I can say that. We miss you guys. Hugs and kisses to ALL!

Love,
Grandma Sheryl & Grandad Gary

Amy said...

Kirsten, Your blog always makes me so happy! Thanks for adding some sunlight to my day! Olivia is adorable and I am with you on the boy thing. They are crazy!
Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Just keep Blogging! Lisa and I haven't missed one yet. We just want you to know that we have been reading and really enjoy blogs. The videos are great!
Love Bruce,Lisa,and Spencer