Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Blonde Moment

I am sorry to report that the "blonde moment" is not only for women. I haven't really ever encountered many males having this problem, however, Payton seems to suffer from it and quite often lately. Perhaps it's just his way of channeling his Auntie Karla (sorry Karla but true's true) but yesterday it happened twice. First the boys were running outside in the snow in socks and underware (video to follow) and when Payton came in he said his feet and socks were frozen. I said go put them under the warm blanket on your bed to which he said oh yeah good idea. (part 1 ending to come) So the night goes on and we are sitting at the dinner table and Kevin sees the lunch menu for school (Payton thinks that school lunches are such a COOL novelty) and asks Payton if it was good (chicken tidbits in gravy with mashed potatoes, a dollar bun, salad bar and milk) to which he responds yes it was so good. Kevin then asks if he had the dollar bun (kind of in jest) and Payton says, after a short pause, I just took it. I didn't pay. Needless to say we couldn't stop laughing (yes at the expense of our first born) and tried to explain the whole concept of "dollar" pancakes, buns etc.. which was lost in translation. Payton's responses included things like, a dollar is rectangle and the bun was round, (therefore, not the same size) and maybe if you had four quarters, that is a dollar, that might be the size. I just stopped with the explanation (kevin continued on as you can imagine) and eventually Payton lost interest. Then as we were getting ready for bed (part 2 of the beginning sock/feet story) Payton says he needs to sleep on the couch or downstairs tonight. I ask why and he tells me that his bed is wet. Why I ask? Because you told me to put my socks under my blanket to get them warm and now my bed is wet from the socks. (Me laughing at him again) To which I said Payton, I told you to put your FEET under the blanket. So yes men, as much as you might like to think that only women are prone to the "Blonde Moment" I have proof that it happens to you too. Love ya!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good one! Love the stories, they keep me smiling!

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

Maybe its little boys at that age...Gabe is the same way! Too cute though.