Friday, August 29, 2008

2nd grade already...!!

So...August 21st was the day. I can't believe Payton is in 2nd grade and almost 8....it's like yesterday I was having him with the 10 + audience...you all remember! His teachers all say he is a joy in class...good thing! So the night before school he went to bed at 8:30. At 11 pm he calles out...
P: mom is it really only 11 pm.
M: Uh yes payton...have you been awake this whole time.
P: Yes.
M: Payton you need to sleep or you will fall asleep in class.
Then when I got up to go to the bathroom at 3:45 am...
P: Mom, is it only 3:45?
Needless to say he was a bit anxious and tired his first day of school. His teacher this year is Mrs. Bigwood. She is a nice woman and very animated and fun. This year should be fun for him. We took the below pictures before & after school. The boys are showing off and started this whole "rock on" thing with the addition of Guitar Hero for Payton's DS. So there are some pictures of them "playing guitar" CRAZIES!! Gavin is such a camera hog.... Gavin was a bit dissapointed when we took Payton to school and he didn't get to stay. He's been ready to leave me since he was 2....He is doing preschool 2 days a week and liking that. He and Olivia play costumes (it's not dress up for boys!) and are still playing outside (it's still in the 70's) on the swing and dome. We are all staying busy and getting ready for fall. My apple tree has it's branches bending down to the ground full of apples. I will try to get a picture and post it. I am so excited for fall, but not for winter. Hopefully winter is short!!! ....Kirsten

1 comment:

Ninny said...

OKay, jealous of your apple tree and your 70 degree weather. I am trying to figure out why I still live in Alaska now.