Friday, August 29, 2008
First trip to Canada
Well the day before school started we (the kids and I) took our first trip up to Canada. It was a good day and we spent the afternoon at a public pool in Altona, just over the border. The pool had a big slide, a small slide and some overhead flowers and things that were like sprinklers and waterfalls. It was fun! as you can see from the pictures. So the reason for the delay in visiting Canada is because every time Kevin goes across for work he has issues coming back. He more often than not, gets pulled into secondary search and basically has no patience for the whole line and paperwork thing...me, I don't really care. But really up until recently, I still had AK plates on my vehicle, (I just didn't want to let go...!) and I have a CA birth certificate and an AK marriage license and a ND drivers license...you get the picture...I didn't want to have an issue coming home. Well now that I have ND plates on my car (they say AKGROWN!) and my ND license I wasn't too worried about the other papers. So away we went and had no trouble of course. But on the way back my friend who took us, called Kevin at work and harrassed him. She told him that she got through just fine but as she looked back we were all out of the car and being searched. His response...I told her something like this would happen. We all had a good laugh at Kevin's expense...and it was a great trip as you can see from the pictures. We will definately be making the trip a few times next summer! ....Kirsten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks so fun! What a great way to celebrate the last day of freedom... We always have issues coming back over the border...something to do with Bo's two passports!
Hey,
Just wanted to say hi. We miss you up here. Come back and visit us again!!!
Post a Comment