Monday, March 30, 2009
Flooding Update
I had a few people wanting to know how we are doing with the flooding so I thought I'd update you all. We live about 65 miles north and 20 miles west of Grand Forks. The Red River runs though Pembina (where Kevin works) and is about 10 miles north and 20 miles east of us. The river crests in Pembina about a week after it crests in Grand Forks (or so I think if I understand right). So as of right now the river hasn't crested in GF. We will be fine so long as the levees in Pembina hold and the river doesn't come over the dikes. The problem is that the Red River flows north into Lake Winnipeg, which isn't thawed right now so the water is just in this holding pattern. Not really cool....I hope we don't flood, and chances are we will only get ground flooding, but....I just keep repeating the mantra...it is only stuff and it can be replaced. As long as we are all safe and healthy....that is all that matters. However, I do not look forward to a flood as a life challenge. I just had to put that out there! Other than that...the kids are getting feisty and ready for the summer...so am I. xoxo Kirsten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the update, Kirsten. I wondered what body of water the Red River 'emptied' into. Doesn't sound too good, though, if the lake is frozen....We'll keep watching the news. There is a lot of North Dakota news being broadcast over the Bay Area stations. Kiss the kids.
Love,
CA Grandma Sheryl
I have wondered about you guys as well. Thanks for the update and prayers are being said to watch over your sweet family. Take care.
Post a Comment