Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Day

Payton's birthday went well. He only wanted one thing, a Nintendo DS for the long long long car rides here. Kevin and I told him he had to save the $130 to get it so he saved all his Christmas and Birthday money and had just enough. It was extremely hard especially since Gavin and Olivia got to shop right after Christmas. But he was determined and thought about it for about a month and on Friday night he got his toy. We had our reservations about the video game thing so I told Payton he had to sit down with me and make a list of rules and sign it that way I didn't have to hear "you never said that" or "I wouldn't have spent my $ on this if I knew there were rules" so He agreed. This is a picture of him sharing with Gavin and even letting him play. So far so good.


The only other new news is that our septic tank and leech field seem to need work. I have a lovely slow drip down my basement wall where the waste water exits the house. GROSS!! So Kevin is coming home to dig out the septic cleanout so we can check if the tank if full. We had it pumped when we first moved in but it might be full if the drain field is not working. Oh boy...I wasn't very happy with the prospect of sewage in the basement in the middle of winter. I was sitting here letting the situation overwhelm me Olivia climbed up on my lap and I got this picture.



I love it because she makes me smile. Then I got this video that made EVERYTHING better!!


2 comments:

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

Too cute! Giggles and cookies. Can there be anything better in life?

Amy said...

Sorry about the septic problem. Never seems to end! You look great! Olivia is too cute!! I agree with Jenn's comment! Cookies and giggles...perfect combo!!