Saturday, June 21, 2008

I finished!!!

So today I ran my first 1/2 marathon. 13.1 miles was long but I am so glad I did it!! About mile 11 I was mentally done and that is what I've been told that its 90% mental. Well I guess I can attest to that. I finished somewhere around 2:40 which is right where I figured I would. My hip flexors are a bit sore (I look limpy still) but other than that I feel good. I can't say I will be doing a full marathon anytime soon but perhaps someday (after a full lobotomy). So set those goals and keep on running!!!

Kirsten

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirsten--I am very proud of you! Way to achieve your goal of running a 1/2 marathon. You are very motivating!
I love you! Kevin

Amy said...

Kirsten, you are amazing! Way to go!! --Amy

Ninny said...

You are my hero! I can't wait for the day when I can say the same thing. You are awesome and it was so good to see you. I just wish that I couldv'e sat and talked for hours with you!

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

That is awesome! Next time I'll come with you instead of begging off for my vaca. Great seeing ya!

Karla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.