Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jelly Beans...

So today we made a trip to the library to return our books and check out more. I should tell you that today was actually the day the books were due so the fact that we returned them on time is a miracle! Okay, so...we (Gavin and Olivia) pick out our books and go to the desk to check out. There is the miniature Jelly Belly bin of jelly beans that Olivia managed to spy with her little eye sitting much above her head on the counter. She, being a true child, asked if she could have some and the librarian said sure. So I gave both of the children a small scoop (the bin also had this tiny scooper) and home we headed. --we live about 1.5 miles from the library-- We are just turning onto our road, .5 miles from home, and I hear

Olivia: "Mom" in this worried crying voice "my jelly bean is stuck in my nose"

Me: Oliva why is there a jelly bean in your nose?

Olivia: (laughing now) a jelly bean in my nose. (she preceeded to try to pick it out only lodging it farther up her nose.

Mom: Olivia, just leave it or I will have to take you to the hospital. (this is a fear my children have)

Olivia: Okay mom.

We get home and I have her blow her nose and out flies a pink jelly bean.

Olivia: Mom, now we need to go back for another pink jelly bean.

Mom: No Olivia we don't

That was pretty much what my whole day was... I just keep saying....I am thankful we are all healthy...I am thankful our house is warm...I am thankful I can walk...etc.. oh those simple blessings that I can always be thankful for on the hard days!!

2 comments:

Karla said...

LOL!!! Oh Olivia, she sure keeps it interesting. You just gotta laugh... And again she totally comes by it honestly because I so remember you sticking walnuts in my ears so I would have earings when we were little and sticking beads up our noses (I don't recall why the beads...) back when I was the "innocent unknowing follow everything my big sister tells me" girl.

Valarie said...

Oh, I am laughing so hard...that is too funny. I'm so glad you got it out OK. I CANNOT believe we haven't been to the doctor for that very thing yet (knock on wood). I admire your attitude!