Monday, February 9, 2009

Keeping busy

So this will be a bit of a long post due to the fact that I have be lax in posting. So if you don't want to read it all you can just look at the pictures and get most of what I'm saying. Payton turned 8 on Jan 18th. He got baptized on the same day since it was Sunday. It was so fun and exciting. Then we had a small party with our friends the Morse's the following weekend. We went to Inkheart (the movie) and then had cake and pizza.

Here are Kevin and Payton at the baptism

Then we had the pinewood derby. This was the first for us and so I of course didn't know that it is really to see the parents skills of car building. We let Payton (and Gavin) sand and paint their cars by themselves and only helped minimially (as you will see from the pictures) with some cutting. They were both rather crude compared to those competing but they both had fun overall. I guess I will have to practice my derby car making skills this winter. (I can't wait! note the sarcasm) We didn't have weights or anything so another mom had to run home and get some. It was a learning experience to say the least. Since Gavin isn't in scouts his car was the bye car, good thing too...he might have been very upset had he actually been entered. He came in last every time. We just clapped and told him how great it was!

Here is the Cavalier Pack.


Payton's car is #8. He did the paint job all by himself.

Here's Payton sanding after much complaining.

Here is Gavin painting.

Then after all that...we went and got some skates from Play it Again. We initially went for Gavin and Payton but as you can imagine there was no way we were leaving without skates for Olivia, who up until that very minute was not interested in skating at all. But then she spied the pink skates and it was over....she NEEDED them. Who am I to argue? It didn't help that the day before we saw the Olivia the Pig episode where Olivia is the fill in professional figure skater. So we got the skates and got them home and couldn't get them off the kids for the whole day. It was quite comical. They had to pose and show off their new wares so here they are.

And here is Olivia in true skating atire. Her fur coat and pink skates.

And a close up of the skates again. They are pretty dang cute! If they were in my size I might just have had to have them also!

So tomorrow is my appointment and I only have 4 weeks (until 40) left. I am hoping to not go 2 weeks late again like with Olivia but you know how it works. It's never on my time schedule! We did get some video of the kids skating and I will try to upload it soon! xoxo Kirsten

3 comments:

Karla said...

Finally!!!! Ahh I love the pictures. Those skates are pretty dang cute. Reminds me when Payton was little and he would always point to things at the store and say "But, I NEED it" how can you refuse? :)

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

ya, we had a simular experience with the durby up here. I had no idea how competative some of the fathers in our ward were....or how much of the work they actually did, instead of letting the kids make the cars.

CA Grandma Sheryl said...

I can't tell you how much I look forward to and ENJOY the blog! I am taking a quick break at work and taking a look. It helps me get through my day!!!! Lova you All; Love the skates!!!
Grandma Sheryl