We have been busy...so busy. Summer is in full swing and finally we are getting some heat. Where to start... well we traded in my Pacifica ( I shed a few selfish tears) for a 03 Suburban and camper. I really LOVED my Pacifica but with 4 children and all that goes along with them we needed more room... I don't have a picture but have no doubt you all know what a black Suburban looks like. So the obvious thing to do next was go camping. We took our first camping trip of the season over 4th of July weekend. Icelandic State Park is just 6 miles down the road and is by far the best campground I've ever been to. The fact that it is so close is also a big plus. The kids had fun riding bikes and playing baseball. Most of Kevin's team was out camping so they had a few impromptu games. No fireworks (they aren't allowed in the park) but no one seemed to mind...or miss them. Olivia isn't particularly fond of the noise...she is even afraid of the tee-shirt gun at the football games so....she wasn't the least bit upset for missing them. We had a lot of fun but I realized today, while downloading the pictures, I only got a few shots of Olivia and Weston and a little incident we had at our campground... So on our last day we were packing up and Kevin and the boys were up visiting friends at another campsite. Olivia, Weston and I were cleaning up and she asks me if she can go swimming. (Our friends brought an inflatable pool) I said sure. She comes back in the camper and said, "Mom, there is a chipmunk in the pool." I disagreed with her and went to look. Here is what I found:
Needless to say I am so glad Olivia was paying attention! I made Kevin get it out....good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment